Family planning helps you decide the number of children you want and when you want to have them. It is a personal decision for you and your partner to make together. Family planning services are available to all regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, religion, disability, or ability to pay. All services are strictly confidential. Clients are charged for services according to their household income and family size. Private pay, insurance, Medicaid and donations are accepted. Services are provided on a sliding fee scale based on personal income.
Clinic hours are generally Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00am to 4:30pm. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Minot office at (701) 852-1376 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Click here for printable appointment forms.
Clinic services include education and information about:
Annual physical exams may include:
- Safer sex
- Sexually transmitted diseases/AIDS
- All contraceptive (birth control) methods
- How to use the method of choice
- blood pressure, height & weight, pap smear, physical examination, sexually transmitted disease diagnosis
- Contraceptive method of choice unless there are contraindications
- Follow-up exams and services to lessen potential problems
- Pregnancy testing
- Examinations, treatment, and follow-up for infections and sexually transmitted diseases
Other services include pregnancy testing and examinations, treatment and follow-up for infections and sexually transmitted diseases. Clients receive the contraceptive method that best meets their needs. A trained and caring staff of health-care professionals provide these services. Speakers are available upon request by schools or community groups to discuss family planning or related topics.
Family plannning services are available only through the Minot office.
Additional information can be found on the North Dakota Department of Health's Family Planning page.