First District Health Unit is accepting applications for contract registration clerks to assist with COVID testing for 20 - 32 hours per week. The contract period is September 20, 2021 through December 31, 2021. This position requires competence in data entry and the ability to work with the public in a fast-paced environment. The contracted pay rate will be $23.50/hr. See the complete job description for more details, and our Employment page to apply. Applicants will be considered immediately upon submitting application materials and the positions will be open only until filled.
Job Title: Registration Clerk
Reports to: Administrative Supervisor
Summary of Duties: Enters client demographic information into a computer or tablet, explains testing and resulting processes, makes appointments, gives information to callers, and executes clerical duties and minor administrative and business functions, by performing the following duties:
- Works with electronic medical records, reports and correspondence.
- Greets clients and directs them to the appropriate area or person.
- Schedules appointments
- Instructs new clients in the completion of medical history and information forms.
- Participates in data collection and data entry.
- Assists with clinics as needed.
- Keep work area clean and stocked, and assist with other clinic functions as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Competence in computer skills such as data entry, keyboarding and internet use.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment
- Maintain confidentiality of clients
- Experience in customer service helpful.
- Available weekday hours.