First District has an immediate opening for a part-time Advanced Practice Nurse to work in the Family Planning Program. Experience is preferred in family planning, sexually transmitted infections including testing and treatment, and reproductive health including pap smears, breast exams and long acting reversible contraception.
First District offers a generous benefit package that includes fully-paid family health insurance, retirement contributions, vacation and sick pay, and paid holidays. No shift work, no week-ends, and a flexible, family-friendly environment! See the details below, then visit Applying at First District to download your application form.
The Advanced Practice Nurse works in collaboration with other healthcare staff to provide general health maintenance and prevention of disease to family planning clients. Experience is preferred in family planning, sexually transmitted infections including testing and treatment, and reproductive health including pap smears, breast exams and long acting reversible contraception. The care provided is based on approved protocols, and includes complete physical exams, determination of disorders, treatment or referral.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice, including all aspects of family planning and public health nursing principles.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
- Excellent physical assessment skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues in a mature, confidential manner with integrity and tact.
- Working knowledge of vaccines and immunization schedules.
- Working knowledge of community organizations that provide assistance to clients.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and make sound decisions.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records.
Submit current resume and completed First District Health Unit application form (available on our website or at the front desk of the Minot office) to be considered for this position.