First District Health Unit is accepting applications for 2 contract Public Health/School Nurses in Minot. This is a 10-month full-time contract, subject to annual renewal.
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, one year of experience as a registered nurse, and a current license to practice in ND. Must be CPR certified, insurable and have a valid ND drivers license. The contract rate is $35.75/hour. No benefits are offered for contract positions. To apply, see Applying at First District Health Unit. Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides assessment, evaluation, management, and referral for medical care of students with acute/chronic health conditions and in emergency situations for injuries.
- Promote and assist in the control of communicable diseases.
- Maintains all student health records; conducts immunization audits and reviews medication records to ensure compliance.
- Identify health problems via screenings as indicated (i.e., vision, dental, lice checks)
- Facilitates education, training, and guidance to students and staff in the maintenance of good health practices and disease prevention; promotes participation in healthy behaviors.
- Develop health care plans based on need and train school staff on relevant health issues.
- Provide health educational training to staff as indicated to care for students.
- Serves as the liaison and facilitator for access to health care resources in the community.
- Follows all State and Federal laws regarding confidential information and child abuse/neglect reporting requirements.
- Participates in nursing staff meetings and other agency meetings as directed.
- Mentors nursing students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
- Knowledge of the growth and development of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Excellent physical assessment skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues in a mature, confidential manner with integrity and tact.
- Working knowledge of vaccines and immunization schedules.
- Working knowledge of community organizations who aid to children and families.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound nursing care decisions.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Must have a current license to practice nursing in North Dakota
- Must be eligible for Professional Liability Insurance.
- Must have a current drivers license
- Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours.