First District Health Unit is taking applications for a School Nurse. This is a contract position. Position requires a Bachelors Degree in Nursing and a current license to practice in ND. Must be insurable and have a valid ND drivers license.
A School Health Nurse will serve as a medical resource and health advocate for students in assigned schools. The emphasis will be on school health but may provide services for clients of all ages.
- Provide assessment, evaluation, management, and referrals for medical care of students
- Maintain all student health records
- Conduct immunization audits
- Review medication records
- Conduct hearing and vision screenings
- Provide students and school staff with training and education on disease prevention and help promote healthy behaviors
- Assist with Adult Health activities such as screenings and foot care
This position is a contract, part-time position and is estimated at 28 hours per week during the school year and minimal hours during summer months. No weekends or holidays!
Click here to apply.
Applications must be received by August 15, 2018.