First District Health Unit is taking applications through Thursday, April 18 for an Administrative Assistant. This is a don't-miss opportunity to work with great people in a family friendly environment. The Administrative Assistant is part of a team that handles telephone calls, schedules appointments, checks in clients, maintains an inventory of supplies, performs data entry and more. For application information, see Applying at First District.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Starting Wage: $15.05/hr (Grade 4)
Benefits: Paid family health insurance
Participation in the ND State Retirement plan with employer contribution
Accrual of one day of sick leave per month
Paid vacation starting at one day per month
Summary of Duties: Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, and executes clerical duties and minor administrative and business functions, by performing the following duties:
- Works with electronic medical records, reports and correspondence.
- Greets clients and directs them to the appropriate area or person.
- Schedules appointments, recalls and call backs.
- Instructs new clients in the completion of medical history and information forms.
- Screens incoming calls responds independently when appropriate.
- Composes and prepares correspondence, reports, and other records.
- Manages nursing and office supplies (inventory and ordering).
- Participates in data collection and data entry.
- Assists with clinics as needed.
- Assists in disaster response as directed by Executive Assistant.
- Gathers immunization information
- Performs billing duties, monitors client ledger accounts, and balances the cash drawer.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be competent in skills such as data entry, word processing, spreadsheets and internet.
- Experience in customer service.
- Administrative support experience preferred.