NOTICE: Syringe Service Program Date Change
Good Neighbor Project Syringe Service Program
First District Health Unit offers the FREE Good Neighbor Project syringe service program on Thursdays from 9:30AM to 3:30PM at the Minot office, unless we're closed due to weather or holiday.
We will be closed July 4 & 5 ,2019 for Independence Day but will continue normal hours on Thursday, July 11 from 9:30AM to 3:30PM.
Please call if you have any questions: 701-837-5154.
The program is confidential. Clients will be given a participation card with an ID number, and services will be tracked only by that number. The Good Neighbor Project will be available only at the First District Health Unit clinic in Minot and will provide:
- services to clients 18 years of age and above who inject psychoactive drugs.
- syringes/needles, cookers, hand sanitizer, alcohol swabs, tourniquet, water, cottons, disposal containers for syringes, safe sex kits and wound care kits.
- disposal of used syringes.
- condoms and prevention counseling to reduce the risk of sexual transmission of Hepatitis, HIV and STDs.
- HIV, Hepatitis and STD screening.
- education and referral to HIV, Hepatitis and STD prevention, treatment and care services including PReP.
- referral and linkage to Hepatitis A and B vaccination.
- education and training on drug overdose response, risk reduction and treatment including the administration of overdose reversal medication.
- Naloxone to reverse opioid overdoses.
- referral for substance use disorder treatment.
- response or referral when necessary for overdose or wound care.
The Minot Good Neighbor project is a community-based public health prevention program providing harm reduction services to people who inject psychoactive drugs. It has been approved by the North Dakota Department of Health.